One day I’ll do a lot more with my quarterly roundups (like do quick blurbs on the three or four restaurants a week I’m visiting or revisiting, or at least highlighting the best and worst resto meals of the quarter), but for now, below are the bare bones Q2 stats that (I suppose) only another blog nerd like me will find interesting.
Between 1 April and 30 June 2009, my top five non-google-directed sources of traffic were:
- Lonely Planet (the site’s blogsherpa feature is pretty excellent for travelers and bloggers alike)
- Londonelicious (Krista needs no introduction, I presume)
- Gourmet Chick (whose blog just keeps getting more entertaining and stylish by the day)
- Hollow Legs (a London blog whose great name I wish I’d thought of first)
- World Foodie Guide (who was recently honored by the UK Guild of Food Writers)
In terms of traffic breakdown, here’s what the quarter looked like:
- April 2009 – 17,902 page views
- May 2009 – 19,061 page views
- June 2009 – 19,072 page views
Respectable digits, but I’m definitely not growing readership in that much-desired hockey stick shape. As you can see from my obscure URL, I’m no born marketer and am definitely a bit of a Luddite. But I love food; I love traveling to eat new food; and I love writing.
So. Many thanks to the wonderful sites and bloggers who send me traffic, and my deepest gratitude to everyone who’s reading my stuff!